HVAC manufacturers make really good products meant to last for years. Sanborn’s Air Conditioning & Heating, serving your HVAC needs in Redlands, San Bernardino, Yucaipa, and the surrounding area, is proud to feature Trane products. When repairs are required, it usually has nothing to do with the quality of the equipment.
Based on industry research, here are some of the most common air conditioning repairs and some possible causes:
- Faulty Wiring:
- This is one of those things that shouldn’t happen, but does. If the electrical supply wiring isn’t done correctly it can prevent the system from running properly, trip circuit breakers, or even cause a fire.
- Low refrigerant:
- About 9 out of 10 times this happens because of a leak. All leaks should be located and repaired as part of your AC service. Especially in older units using R-22 Freon™, which is being phased out because it damages the ozone layer. In this situation, it may make more sense to talk with Sanborn’s about replacing your old air conditioner.
- In some cases, the refrigerant level is low because it was undercharged at the time of installation. An air conditioner functions most efficiently when it is charged according to manufacturer specifications.
- Outside fan isn’t working:
- The fan must be working to draw heat out of your home and exhaust it into the air. Without the fan, the heat transfer won’t take place. The result can be an overheated compressor which will trip the overload switch. In worst case scenarios, it can damage the compressor.
- Frozen coil:
- In some cases this is a sign of airflow issues. Some examples of this might be dirty filters, or blocked return air ducts. Low refrigerant levels can also cause the coils to freeze.
- Electrical controls fail:
- The compressor and fan systems are controlled by a series of switches and relays. They can wear out, especially if your air conditioner turns on and off frequently. It’s pretty common when the system is too large for the house. Loose or corroded electrical contacts can also cause this to happen.
At this point you should be noticing a trend. These problems aren’t because of manufacturing flaws. They are caused by poor maintenance or poorly trained technicians. It won’t be a problem if you deal with Sanborn’s, because we stand behind our work with our 5-Star Guarantees.
It’s always a great day at Sanborn’s Air Conditioning & Heating, serving the Inland Empire since the mid 1950’s.