Inland Empire Heater Tune Up Maintenance Service
Sanborn’s Experienced Heater Maintenance Specialists Service the Greater San Bernardino and Redlands Area
A full heating system tune up can help to ensure that your system is working properly. Scheduling a heating system maintenance service once every year, ideally before the colder months begin, can help you avoid major problems that may require emergency service. Additionally, routine maintenance can help to ensure that your system is working as efficiently as possible and may even extend the life of your heater.
When the time comes for a heater tune up, call Sanborn’s the Inland Empire’s heating experts. When you make an appointment for heating maintenance, our technicians will arrive on-time, ready to get to work. We’ll make sure that your heating system is working as it should all winter long! Our team handles heater tune ups for the following systems:
- Heat Pumps
- Central Heating Systems
- Ductless Systems
- And more!
Why Get Regular Heater Maintenance?
There are many reasons you may want to schedule annual heater maintenance with our team. Some of the benefits of regular heating system tune ups include:
- Increased efficiency of your system
- Decreased risk of system breakdowns
- Lower energy bills
- Improved health and safety
- Reduced need for emergency repairs
- Greater peace of mind
We recommend that you schedule your heating system maintenance service in the fall, as a pre-cold season tune up can help you avoid a malfunctioning heater when you need it most.
Dangers of Avoiding a Heater Tune Up
A heater breakdown in the middle of winter can mean cold nights and costly repairs. There are multiple reasons to schedule a heater tune up before winter rolls around, including:
Puts Your Family At Risk
A furnace tune up helps you and your family stay safe. A tune up and safety check should always consist of an electrical wire check for faulty, exposed, or loose wiring. If you have a small crack or defect in the heating system, harmful gases, like carbon monoxide, can leak through and lead to health problems and in higher amounts, a fatality can occur.
Increase in Utility Bills
Poorly maintained HVAC systems use more energy which will create a higher monthly utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy says that “heating and cooling makes up 54% of the average energy costs for a household”. Just as a tune up for your car can improve your gas mileage, an annual tune up of your heating system can improve efficiency and comfort.
Potential for Breakdowns
If you start hearing strange noises from the heater or smell unusual odors from the vents, don’t ignore it and hope it goes away. An annual heater tune up can help you avoid a costly breakdown. An unexpected breakdown of your heating system will create stress, cost money, and everybody’s teeth will be chattering if it gets too cold.
Our Heater Precision Maintenance Inspection Includes
- Test System for Carbon Monoxide
- Check for Gas Leaks
- Test Safety and Control Circuits
- Adjust Blower Components
- Check and Test Safety Controls
- Monitor Furnace Cycle
- Adjust Gas Pressure
- Clean Heat Exchanger and Burners
- Thoroughly Check for Cracked Heat Exchanger
- Monitor Flue Draft for Safe Operation
- Adjust Heat Anticipator Settings
- Check and Adjust Pilot Operation
- Adjust Air Flow for Proper Temperature
- Lubricate Moving Parts as Needed
- Check and Tighten All Loose Electrical Connections
- Monitor Voltage and Amperage Draw on All Motors
- Clean and Adjust Thermostat
- Wash or Replace Standard Filter
- Clean, Brush, and Vacuum Burner Compartments
- Check Thermostat and Replace Batteries If Needed
- Lubricate Components
- Check Voltage/Amperage
- Clean Blower Assembly
- Inspect Ductwork and Check Airflow
- Clear Condensate Line
- Test Wiring and Connections
- Clean Condenser Coils
- Test Compressor Contactor
- Test Capacitor
- Confirm Proper Return Air
- Inspect Service Valves
- Inspect Suction Line