Uncategorized

Carbon Monoxide Alarm Installation
Is your home safe from carbon monoxide (CO)? CO is usually a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is caused anytime a gasoline is burned in cars, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, propane ranges or furnaces. Random deaths from CO poisoning are around 1,000 each year. An even more astounding statistic will be the annual emergency room visits from CO exposure is unbelievable ­ around 43,000. Though these numbers are concerning, you and your loved ones can be saved from the possibly fatal effects of this unsafe gas.
It’s crucial that the home comfort system have proper ventilation with heating components and appliances in good working order as well as always sufficiently maintained. The most crucial way to prevent CO poisoning is with CO detectors installed outside every sleeping area of your home. Most U. L. listed CO alarms that can be purchased at the big box stores will not alert until your household has been exposed to 70 ppm (parts per million) for over 3 ½ a long time! The international limits intended for unsafe levels, including OSHA along with the World Health Organization’s tips, are between 15­35 ppm. Many reputable HVAC contractors will provide a high­-grade CO detector that will be able to alert occupants at 10 ppm, reacting more rapidly for better safety.
Health industry leaders also recommend chimneys and fireplaces to be checked yearly for cleanliness and correct ventilation. Obstructions may cause a harmful buildup of CO. Never use charcoal barbecue grills indoors or use unvented combustion heaters overnight or in a room where people will probably be sleeping; and never run your vehicle’s engine within the garage with the doors unopened. By taking the right steps for prevention, your house can be CO free. Contact Sanborn’s Air Conditioning & Heating, your trusted cooling and heating contractor, today to have your home tested and install quality detectors for maximum in­home safe practices.