Frustration. Does that word sometimes come to mind as you battle the never-ending chore of trying to stay on top of your utility bills? When it is hot, it may seem like your air conditioner is constantly running and drowning you in high energy costs that leave you struggling to stay afloat. While those utility bills are never going to go away, your friends at Sanborn’s Air Conditioning & Heating are ready to toss you a life preserver to help you keep your head above water. The following tips should help you lower your energy costs and help limit costly repairs and system wear and tear.
Always remember to stay on schedule with regular ac maintenance and tune-ups, which keeps your cooling and heating system happy and running smoothly while helping to curb costs. Changing your A/C’s air filters on a regular basis is another easy way to care for your system, and you will notice better airflow and air quality. Here are a few other energy-saving tips:
- Close curtains and blinds during the brightest, hottest parts of the day. This keeps uncovered windows from magnifying the heat.
- Use fans. Ceiling fans or floor fans are good tools to circulate air in your home. Fans also help evaporate our perspiration, which allows our bodies to cool down.
- Unless you must, don’t bake or cook on the stove during the heat of the day. If you do use the oven, turn on the kitchen exhaust. Likewise, use the bathroom exhaust fan after a hot shower to remove heat and humidity at the source.
- Seal your house. Keeping that valuable cooled air from escaping through gaps and cracks near windows and doors is surefire way to reduce energy bills.
- If you have a programmable thermostat, don’t forget to use it. If not, make sure you turn up your thermostat when you are leaving or during cooler evening temperatures.
For more information on energy-saving measures or to schedule system maintenance, call Sanborn’s today.