Are you a follower of trends? You know trendy clothes, cars and electronic gadgets. Well there’s also trendy in the HVAC world. Sanborn’s Air Conditioning and Heating wants to help you learn more about one of the hottest trends. We are talking about ductless mini-split heat pumps for your Inland Empire home in Redlands.
You know about electric heat pumps used to heat and cool millions of homes. The difference is in the delivery. Mini split air handlers deliver the heated air directly to the rooms where they are mounted. There are no ducts. Most systems can have as many as four air handlers connected to one outside compressor. With the holiday guests arriving soon, here are some of the ways mini splits can keep them, and your entire home comfortable:
- Individual control
- Each air handler has its own thermostat for maximum personal comfort. Additionally, you can heat and cool only the rooms that are occupied.
- Multiple placement options
- The air handlers can be mounted on walls, suspended from the ceiling, and mounted into drop ceilings. They can be hidden behind soffits and other built-in features. The multiple options can be used to complement the existing interior design.
- Ease of installation
- The outside compressor is attached to the indoor air handlers through a simple three-inch hole. The outdoor unit can be placed up to 50 feet away so it’s out of sight. Since there’s no ductwork, the installation in your Redlands home is stress-free.
- Energy efficiency
- Conditioned air moving through HVAC ducts can lose as much as 30% of its heating or cooling efficiency. Because mini splits don’t require ducts virtually all of the conditioned air is delivered directly to the room or area where it’s needed.
- Ability to customize
- Most mini split systems have timers and built-in sleep functions, giving owners more control of when and how they heat their homes.
The advances in mini split heat pump technology mean they are being used more and more for primary heating and cooling, but they are also an outstanding choice for supplemental heating to eliminate hot and cold spots in your home. It’s also a great choice when homeowners add new living space. You can use mini splits to heat and cool areas not connected to an existing central HVAC system like attic space you’re turning into an office or the garage that is now a man cave.
Call Sanborn’s Air Conditioning and Heating now to learn more about how you can join the hot trend in cooling and heating. We will show you how mini split technology can make your home more comfortable and efficient. Sanborn’s, 5-star comfort for 4 generations.