Are You an Allergy Sufferer? How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
Did you know that it is estimated that the levels of air pollutants indoors may be two to five times higher than outdoor levels? With many people suffering with symptoms of hayfever, allergies, asthma and other respiratory ailments, it’s necessary that more homeowners pay attention to ways that they can help to improve indoor air quality.
The effects of poor indoor air quality can affect more than those people with respiratory issues; symptoms of pollutant-filled air can include headaches, sleepiness, nausea, disorientation, and many others. Fortunately there are some things you can do, and things your HVAC service in Redlands, CA can do, to effectively improve the quality of the air in your home:
- Have everyone remove their shoes as they enter your home to avoid tracking in lawn chemicals, dirt, mud, grass, and more
- Keep the mold and mildew away – try to keep the humidity level in your home below 50% and make sure there is proper ventilation in damp areas
- Make sure you regularly check and replace the filters for your heating and cooling system. You may want to also have an electrostatic filter installed to capture more airborne particles. A Palm Springs AC repair technician can provide more information
- Consider an air purifier that features the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers’ (AHAM) seal of approval that is of the appropriate size for the room in which it will be installed
- Open the windows regularly to let fresh air in, and also run ceiling fans to keep air circulating. When you cook, be sure you turn on the exhaust fan above your stove to prevent noxious vapors and smoke from going into the air
- If you have pets, be sure to bathe and groom them regularly to keep hair, dander and dirt at bay, reducing the amounts that can infiltrate your air
- When you dust and sweep, be sure to do so with a damp cloth or sponge, and not with a dry broom or dry cloth to prevent dust and dirt from being flung into the air in your home.
While these are just a few things you can do to improve your indoor air quality, there are many other options out there as well. A specialist from your air conditioning service in Redlands, California can meet with you to discuss additional solutions and recommend those that are best suited for you and your home.
Call Sanborn’s AC & Heating for air conditioning repair in San Bernardino, Redlands, Riverside and all surrounding areas. Emergency service is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year!